Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sweetie Pea
Oh I love this time of year! The flower markets are just starting to bud with all my favourites blooms. I have a penchant for the old fashioned favourites - the flowers that are just so pretty all on there own. I just adore sweet peas - at first glance they are so delicate with their perfectly formed ruffles, they are however surprisingly robust, and hold their form and freshness remarkably well even out of water - the perfect bridal bouquet solution. Thinking of them I can't help but fondly remember the little sweet pea plantation I shared with my grandfather, each year we would sow the seeds together, and like magic the most amazing display would appear after a little TLC. In fact that would have been where my passion for flowers was first enjoyed.


Photo Courtesy of Bon Mariage


Photo Courtesy of Elizabeth Anne Designs


Photo Courtesy of The Brides Cafe

For another gorgeous wedding setting using sweet peas check out our Mirror Mirror story in Issue 1 where we featured the most divine combination of sweet peas and Lilly of the valley.

Posted By Annabelle Kerslake

No comments: