Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Ultimate Bride Movies
A few weeks ago I sat down with a girlfriend on a cold, wet saturday night and watched one of my favourite movies from the 90's, Father of the Bride. I think, growing up, I had visioned my wedding day to be very similar to that of Annie's Banks' - a tall, dashing husband, a marquee wedding at home, the dress, and of course the wedding planner. I look back now and think there's no way I'd wear a dress like that and I doubt I'd ever have the patience for a planner like Franq. Although, it did get me thinking about the best wedding movies from the last few decades. They make you laugh, the can give you ideas and they're the perfect night in for you and your girls. Here's some of my fave suggestions...


Four Weddings and a Funeral 1994


Father of the Bride 1991


Bride Wars 2009


Betsy's Wedding 1990


Muriel's Wedding 1994


27 Dresses 2008


Made of Honour 2008


My Best Friend's Wedding 1997


The Wedding Planner 2001


Runaway Bride 1999

Posted by Emilie Harrison

3 comments:

yay.email said...

What about My Big Fat Greek Wedding? :)

Gabrielle said...

I love father of the bride! especially the wedding planner, hes great, I mean who wouldn't want swans in the front yard!

Is bride wars any good? I've been meaning to see it.

x from
http://summerpicnicwedding.blogspot.com/

Leigh said...

Oh man, whe I was a girl, I drooled over that dress in Runaway Bride. It was my dream - still kind of is. Yet I would hack it off to tea length now.